Ancestral Healing, Reconnection, & Reverence
No matter how gnarly the family tree, everyone has ancestors who can offer insight, guidance and healing. Relating with them can provide greater understanding of the intergenerational blessings and burdens we carry, illuminate our purpose and cultivate a sense of belonging.
Ancestral lineage repair work can shift stuck patterns and help heal intergenerational trauma. While we also have ancestors of vocation and traditions, working with our blood family ancestors is foundational and accessible.
Ancestral lineage healing offers techniques for:
- strengthening intuition
- sensing the specific, present impact of the dead in our lives
- recognizing harmful ancestral influences
- discernment and creating boundaries where needed
- gaining insight into and freedom from destructive patterns
- maximizing the blessings of the ancestors in our lives
- supporting the transitions of any recently passed family members
- preparing for one’s own transition
- strengthening our connection with the wider web of relations including plants, animal spirits, elemental forces and deities
While this modality is oriented towards the healing of the ancestors, it also creates space for your own emotional process and healing. When tending the ways these patterns show up in your own life or body, this work offers ritual space for deepened understanding, emotional expression and even bodily level healing.
Individual sessions are offered in person (in Silk Hope, NC) and remotely. Heartward Sanctuary also offers group ritual for ancestral reconnection, healing and reverence.
Julia Hartsell has trained extensively with Dr Daniel Foor of Ancestral Medicine and completed the Ancestral Lineage Healing Practitioner Training in 2016. In addition to offering this one-on-one and group work, she also supports online courses and practitioner trainings with Ancestral Medicine.